Sunday, October 19, 2008

dar dyalii zween bizaaf (my house is very beautiful)


This is one of our two salons. Perfect for entertaining large groups of students who need a night away from their host families.


Traditional Moroccan homes have internal windows and courtyards. Even the most opulent Moroccan homes aren't very fancy on the outside; inside is where all the beauty is.



The is the view from our roof. One the left, you can see the Kairaouine mosque, a landmark of the Fes medina and part of the oldest university in the world, founded in 859 AD.

s
Our living room. See if you can find the cat in the photo.

My room. It looks out into the internal courtyard.

Anyway, this is our house. I'm still in love with it a month into my stay here; our landlord is amazing, the location is perfect, and, of course, the house is beautiful.

1 comment:

Emma said...

I love the photos! Hope all's well!